Social media has become a part of our daily life. We discuss on various topics, share thoughts through Twitter like social sites. So what about our leaders?
Now almost everyone has a social account. And our leaders too. They express opinions on latest happenings around the world, convey messages using it.
It will be interesting to know which leader has the highest number of followers on Twitter. These are the 15 most popular leaders on the microblogging site at this moment.
15. Abdullah bin Zayed (Minister of Foreign Affairs of UAE) – 4.41M followers
14. Mauricio Macri (President of Argentina) – 4.71M followers
13. Juan Manuel Santos (President of Colombia) – 5.32M followers
12. Dmitry Medvedev (Prime Minister of Russia) – 5.04M followers
11. Salman bin Abdulaziz (King of Saudi Arabia) – 7.24M followers
10. Enrique Peña Nieto (President of Mexico) – 7.33M followers
9. HH Sheikh Mohammed (Ruler of Dubai) – 9.45M followers
7. Joko Widodo (President of Indonesia) – 10.5M followers
7. Rania Al Abdullah (Queen consort of Jordan) – 10.7M followers
6. Sushma Swaraj (Minister of External Affairs of India) – 11.9M followers
5. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (President of Turkey) – 13.2M followers
4. Pope Francis (Pope of the Roman Catholic Church) – 17.8M followers
3. Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India) – 44.2M followers
2. Donald J. Trump (President of United States) – 55M followers
1. Barack Obama (Former President of United States) – 103M followers
Do you want to know more about social media influence of world leaders? The following topics could be useful:
- World Leaders on Twitter: 15 Famous First Tweets
- Here’s the 10 Most Followed World Leaders on Facebook