Are you looking for Rank Math vs Yoast SEO comparison? If so, this is the right post to get all the details.
Search engine optimization is the process of optimizing your website and content to bring traffic from search engines. Create high-quality unique posts by deploying long-tail keywords and relevant images to maximize chances to get more user clicks.
SEO combines several factors like keywords, website speed, backlinks etc in order to place your content higher in search results. If you are a WordPress user, you are lucky. It allows you to analyze and optimize every part of the website using powerful plugins. Thus you can save lots of time in web management and boost visits to the pages.
WordPress SEO is not a difficult task as you may think. SEO plugins will guide you on both on-page and off-page tweaks to reap maximum benefits from the niche you belong to. Learn about The Best WordPress SEO Plugins You Should Use.
Yoast SEO is the most popular SEO plugin for WordPress. Downloaded more than 5 million times, it is one of the most recommended plugins to grow your online business. It is easy to use and lets you optimize pages for search engines as well as social media sites to improve their online visibility and traffic.
Yoast SEO has a touch competitor in the WordPress SEO sector now. It is called Rank Math SEO. The plugin is developed by MyThemeShop. You will get almost every feature of the Yoast SEO premium version in Rank Math’s free version itself.
Let us compare Rank Math SEO and Yoast SEO to find the best SEO plugin for WordPress.
|Disclosure: Your support helps keep the site running! We earn a referral fee for some of the services we recommend on this page (at no extra cost to you).|
Table of Contents
- 1 Rank Math SEO
- 2 Yoast SEO
- 3 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO
- 4 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Comparison Table
- 5 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Comparison of Features
- 5.1 1. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Beginner-friendly
- 5.2 2. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: On-page SEO settings
- 5.3 3. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Focus keyword
- 5.4 4. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Track keyword rankings
- 5.5 5. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: LSI keyword suggestions
- 5.6 6. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Replace multiple plugins
- 5.7 7. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Pricing
- 6 Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Winner
- 7 FAQ
Rank Math SEO
Rank Math SEO is a great WordPress SEO plugin. It is free, easy to configure, and a powerful SEO solution to bring traffic from all sources.
The main advantage of Rank Math is it provides almost every feature of Yoast SEO Premium at free of cost. Whether you are running an e-commerce portal or a professional blog, it gives a complete solution for all your SEO needs. Rank Math offers tons of features for SEO, social media integration, keyword ranking, 404 monitor, post redirection, and much more.
It is integrated with Google Scheme Rich Snippets to inform search engines about your website type and better categorize your posts in the organic results. Rank Math is also integrated with the LSI Keyword tool to provide keyword suggestions as you type and set them as your focus keywords.
It runs 40+ SEO tests on your pages to craft a search engine friendly content that may rank higher in search results. Rank Math can also perform an overall SEO analysis of your website in a single click to make sure everything is up to mark.
Key Features of Rank Math SEO
Rank Math SEO is a relatively new SEO plugin for WordPress. But it became popular within a short period of time. It has both free and premium versions. The free version is enough to handle almost any SEO need. Let us cross-check the features of both versions,
Features (Free version)
- Focus keywords (Unlimited)
- Custom titles and descriptions- Set unique titles for your homepages, categories, archives, single posts, and pages
- Separator- Set a separator type for titles and breadcrumbs
- Basic SEO- Check content length, keyword density, title length, meta description length, image alt attributes and others. Get a quick reminder if you forgot to add any internal and external link on the content.
- Readability- Learn how to improve the visibility of your title and content. Follow suggestions to maximize your rankings.
- Schema- Rank Math supports more than 10 schema types on the free version. It includes article, book, recipe, product, video, etc.
- Google and social media previews- Check how your content appear on Google search results and social media shares like Facebook and Twitter. Assign a custom title and description for them if needed.
- Image SEO- Add missing title and alt attributes to your images automatically
- Internal link suggestions- Get suggestions regarding where to link internally
- Analytics- Install Google Analytics code automatically and monitor site’s performance without visiting your Analytics account
- SEO performance- Monitor search impressions, traffic, ranking, and position history for each content (Google Search Console integration)
- Link counter- Count total number of internal and external links on each post
- Instant indexing- Update Bing when posts are published, updated or removed
- AMP- Add required meta tags on your AMP pages automatically
- Sitemap- Create sitemaps to guide search engines about your various content types and pages
- SEO analysis- Analyze your website’s health score in a few moments
- LSI keyword suggestions- Get long-tail keyword suggestions on all your posts and pages
- Pillar posts- Aka cornerstone content
- Social media optimization for Facebook and Twitter
- Role manager
- Webmaster verification tools
- Links- Set a nofollow attribute to your external links and images. Open external links in a new tab.
- File editor- Edit Robots.txt and .htaccess files
- 404 monitor- Monitor 404 page not found errors on your site and redirect them to new URLs
- Local SEO and Knowledge Graph- Add your contact information to claim your business on Google listings
- Bulk post editor
Features (Pro version)
- Basic features, plus
- Track custom keywords (Up to 500 on Pro and 10,000 on Business licenses)
- Content AI
- Advanced schema generator (840+ schema types)
- Import schema from any website
- Speakable schema
- Custom Schema builder
- Schema validator (Google)
- Add unlimited multiple schema types
- Google Trends integration
- Image SEO Pro- Add missing image caption, missing image description, alt attributes to avatars, etc
- Video SEO Sitemap
- Google News Sitemap
- Local SEO Pro- Add multiple locations with localy searched keywords
- WooCommerce SEO Pro
- Track top 5 winning and losing keywords/posts- Find best and worst performing posts on your website. Optimize them to improve traffic and rankings.
- Monitor individual posts performance- Find search traffic, ranking keywords, their position history, and page speed for your single posts. Optimize them to increase traffic and rankings.
- Advanced bulk editor- Set nofollow/noindex attributes, redirect posts, and schema types quickly
- Import focus keywords, SEO data, and redirections
- Google AdSense integration and earning history
- Watermark social media images
- Elementor page builder integration
- Fast customer support
Click here to download Rank Math SEO and optimize your content to skyrocket traffic (30-days money-back guarantee)
Yoast SEO is a renowned SEO plugin for WordPress. It is used by millions of websites to deliver viral content that both people and search engines will love.
From search engine optimization to content analysis, Yoast fits all your needs. It also allows you to create XML sitemaps, monitor page crawl errors, and integrate your blog with leading social media sites. File editor is another major advantage of the plugin which you can use to change and manage important files like robots.txt, .htaccess file, etc for SEO.
Yoast runs several tests on your pages to improve your keyword placements and readability score. Follow its on-page instructions to enhance your content’s search engine visibility and traffic. It is a perfect tool for any WordPress website to supercharge their SEO efforts.
Key Features of Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a free WordPress SEO plugin. It also has a premium version with added features and a 24/7 customer support. Let us check how they differ in terms of features and functionalities.
Features (Free version)
- Focus keyword (only one)
- Ability to set custom titles- Assign a custom title and meta description for homepage, archives, single posts, and pages to boost SEO
- Title separators- Set separators for titles and breadcrumbs
- Google search snippets preview- Check how your post will appear on search results for desktop and mobile devices
- SEO analysis- Analyze your keyword density, title length, meta description length, and more. Check if you have added internal and external links in the content. They are essential to raise your page authority and traffic. Yoast also scans content images and lets you know if they are properly optimized or not. Add relevant alt attributes to improve their search visibilty.
- Cornerstone content- Inform search engines that they are most important posts on your site and thereby improve chances to get more page visits
- Advanced- Assign nofollow and noindex attrinutes to your content. Set canonical URL if needed
- Readability analysis- Check whether your content is easy to read or not. If your readability score is poor, change writing style. Otherwise, you may not get enough traffic as you expect.
- Schema- Set a schema type for your content. It supports several page and article types like FAQ, QA, listing, reports, etc.
- XML Sitemaps- Create Sitemaps for your posts, pages, categories, and custom page types
- Webmaster tools verification
- Optimize RSS feeds
- Social media meta data- Insert open graph meta data for Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- File editor- Edit your robots.txt and .htaccess files
- Bulk editor- Change titles and decriptions of individual posts in bulk
Features (Premium version)
- Basic features, plus
- Multiple focus keywords
- Related keyphrases- View powerful keyphrase suggestions from Semrush for each content
- No outdated content- Receive notifications if any content is not updated for the last 6 months
- Social media previews- Check your post’s preview for Facebook and Twitter
- Internal linking suggestions- Get suggestions for links and add as you write. It will help you to boost internal traffic and reduce the bounce rate.
- Redirection- Redirect your deleted pages to new URLs without installing any other plugin
- Elementor page builder integration
- Content distribution- Automatically distribute your content to over 2000 destinations through Zapier
- 24/7 customer support
Click here to download Yoast SEO and optimize your WordPress content to boost traffic
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the leading WordPress SEO plugins since 2008. On the other hand, Rank Math is started fueling WordPress SEO efforts a few weeks back only. We should wait for some more time to know how it works and how much beneficial it is when compared to other SEO plugins.
While considering features of both plugins, Rank Math really rocks. It offers almost every SEO feature we required to manage a WordPress website and win in the competition. The plugin has a clean interface and addictive options to encourage you to better optimize your posts and rank higher.
Yoast SEO lets you set one focus keyword per post. But on the other hand, you can set up to 5 focus keywords with Rank Math and divert visits from all those search queries. It also suggests multiple keyword variations of your focus keyword to identify new traffic opportunities. Add such LSI keywords in your content area in a natural way without affecting the reading experience of your audience.
Rank Math has a Google Search Console integration and allows you to monitor page not found errors from WordPress dashboard itself. You can redirect them to other internal pages using the built-in redirection manager of the plugin. Redirection helps you to maintain your traffic, reduce bounce rate, and deliver a user-friendly experience on your website.
Internal linking suggestion is another feature of Rank Math. It will analyze the contents as you write and suggest relevant posts in your blog to link that readers may like.
Yoast SEO also contains all these features including multiple focus keywords, page redirection, and internal link suggestions. But it is in the premium version only. The plugin costs $89 per annum for a single site.
Unlike Yoast SEO free version, Rank Math serves social media preview of your posts. So you can know how it will appear on Facebook, Twitter shares and make any modifications if needed.
Though it comes with many advanced features, Rank Math doesn’t give additional burdens on your server. It is fast and consumes minimal resources to serve your pages smoothly. From XML Sitemap creation to WooCommerce integration, Rank Math is a great alternative to Yoast SEO.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Comparison Table
|Features||Yoast SEO (Free)||Rank Math SEO (Free)|
|Ease of use||Yes||Yes|
|Google Search Console integration||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced SEO analysis||No||Yes|
|Social media integration||Yes||Yes|
|Social media optimization||Yes||Yes|
|Social media preview||No||Yes|
|Google Schema Rich Snippets||No||Yes|
|Local business SEO||No||Yes|
|Automated image SEO||No||Yes|
|Internal linking suggestions||No||Yes|
|Nofollow all external links||No||Yes|
|Open external links in a new tab||No||Yes|
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Comparison of Features
Let’s compare the features of both SEO plugins in detail,
1. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Beginner-friendly
Yoast SEO is beginner-friendly. After activation, it will show a step-by-step wizard to configure various SEO settings. It includes the website type, search engine visibility, title, and multiple author settings.
Rank Math SEO also has a setup wizard to configure settings. It allows you to upload a website logo and a default sharing image for your posts. If no featured image is present on your posts, it will assign the selected image for Facebook shares.
Integration with Google Search Console and Google Analytics is a major advantage of Rank Math SEO. It lets you monitor top search queries that brings traffic to your pages and keyword ranking positions from WordPress dashboard. Next, generate Sitemaps for your website including content images and custom post types.
It also allows you to assign nofollow attribute to all external links and open them in a new tab using a toggle button. All these settings are available on Rank Math setup wizard.
2. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: On-page SEO settings
After activation, open a content in WordPress editor to view and manage Yoast’s on-page settings.
The interface a little bit old-fashioned. Need improvements on its design and appearance. Set a focus keyword for your post first. Yoast SEO is partnered with Semrush to get related keyphrases along with their search volume and trends for your target locations.
It is a great feature to divert more page visits to your content. But unfortunately, only Yoast Premium users can utilize them to improve traffic. Free users can analyze keyword metrics and make changes in the content accordingly to boost search engine performance.
Yoast SEO displays Google previews for both desktop and mobile search results. Premium users can view previews for Facebook and Twitter as well. Add a custom meta description, Canonical URL, and choose a schema type if needed.
Rank Math SEO’s on-page SEO settings looks like this,
It has a stunning look when compared to Yoast SEO settings. It shows SERP previews for both desktop and mobile searches. Shift to the Social tab to see and manage previews for social sites Facebook and Twitter.
Rank Math analyzes your content and display SEO scores using a 1-100 scale. Follow on-page suggestions to improve your score and boost chances to rank higher in search engine result pages. Go to the Schema tab to set up a schema type for your content. Rank Math SEO Pro users can add multiple schema types for the same post.
3. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Focus keyword
Focus keyword is the main keyword that you target. It guides search engines about the nature of your content. Yoast SEO free users can add single focus keyword per post. But premium users can add multiple keyword phrases through Semrush integration or manually.
On the other hand, Rank Math allows you setup unlimited focus keywords for your posts. It is integrated with LSI keyword tool to show suggestions based on the keyword you entered. Choose relevant phrases and optimize your content accordingly to drive traffic from more sources.
4. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Track keyword rankings
RankMath SEO lets you monitor SERP performance of all content through Google Search Console and Google Analytics integrations. Find which keywords bring most traffic to your pages, their organic ranking positions, and monitor changes without using any premium SEO tool.
RankMath SEO Pro users can track ranking positions for custom keywords also. It covers search impressions, clicks, ranking position, and position history for each keyword. Unfortunately, Yoast SEO doesn’t have any keyword tracking option on both free and premium versions. It is a big drawback of Yoast SEO.
5. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: LSI keyword suggestions
RankMath SEO is integrated with LSI keyword tool to provide long-tail keyword suggestions on each content. Enter first few letters of your focus keyword and it will show top trending phrases that match your query. Choose them to target more keywords.
On the other hand, Yoast SEO is integrated with Semrush for related keyphrase suggestions. It contains search volume and trends for over 100+ countries. But only Yoast SEO premium users can add them to SEO analysis. Others can add only one focus keyword per post.
6. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Replace multiple plugins
Rank Math SEO has built-in modules to manage several tasks with a single plugin installation. It includes image SEO, Google Analytics, keyword tracking, and many others. So you don’t need other plugins or premium subscriptions to handle those things.
These are the some plugin types or tools that you can replace with Rank Math SEO,
- Google keyword ranking tracker (Eg, Semrush)
- Analytics tracking (Eg, MonsterInsights)
- Automated image SEO
- Google News Sitemap plugin
- Local SEO plugin
- Premium Schema plugin
- WooCommerce SEO plugin
- 404 monitor
- Redirection plugin
Compared to Rank Math SEO, Yoast SEO has limited functionalities. It can replace just sitemap and redirection plugins from the above-mentioned list.
7. Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Pricing
Both Rank Math SEO and Yoast SEO are free WordPress SEO plugins. But they have premium versions as well with more features. Rank Math SEO Pro costs $59 per year for unlimited personal websites. If you are running an agency business, they provide Business licenses with client management options. It costs $199 per year for unlimited domains.
Yoast SEO premium is available at $89 per year for 1 site. If you have multiple websites, buy separate licenses to use the premium version on all of them. So you should invest a huge amount in Yoast SEO Premium alone.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Winner
No doubt. Rank Math SEO is the clear winner. It contains all features that you need to boost website SEO. LSI keyword suggestions, content analysis, page redirection, and SEO analysis are some of the exciting features of Rank Math. Multiple focus keywords, Google keywords ranking monitor, and automated image SEO add more functionalities to your content optimization.
Yoast SEO provides limited SEO features when compared to Rank Math. To place multiple keyword variations or remove restrictions, you need to buy Yoast SEO premium which may not be affordable for most of us.
Rank Math SEO also has a premium version. It ships with keyword tracking, Local SEO & Knowledge graph, Schema builder, Google News Sitemap, and many other features. It is available at $59 per year for unlimited websites. The rate is much lower than Yoast SEO Premium which costs $89 for each website.
Rank Math Pro users can monitor all ranking keywords through Google Analytics integration. Additionally, they can track 500 custom keywords with search traffic and ranking variations. Business plan users can monitor 10,000 custom keywords.
In short, Rank Math is the best SEO plugin for WordPress. Pro users will get a fast customer support to ask queries and solve complaints if any. 30-days money-back guarantee is another advantage. So there is no risk in trying Rank Math Pro for up to 30 days. If you are not satisfied, contact their customer support during the period and ask for a full refund. You will get it. No questions will be asked.
Click here to download Rank Math SEO and optimize your content like a pro (30-days money-back guarantee)
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO: Which is your favorite SEO plugin? Let us know through the comment form below.