Everyone who has ever had to write articles knows how long it takes to create high-quality material. Nevertheless, having spent a week writing an article, many do not publish it on their blog but give it to another site.
The fact is that guest posts are one of the most effective marketing strategies that can be used to increase brand awareness, build quality backlinks, and drive referral traffic to your site.
Guest posting is one of the trendy topics of 2021. Current trends indicate that its importance and popularity will increase every year. This article is all about guest posting and techniques for getting links to your website. After reading this article, you will know how to find great 2021 guest blogger opportunities and build a guest posts network.
What is guest posting?
To avoid unnecessary terminology, let’s explain what a guest posting is using examples:
- You have an article, and you are paying a popular site to host that article – it is an advertisement or a sponsored post.
- You pay the popular site that creates content on its own, mentioning your site or brand in the context of an article – this is native advertising.
- You create quality content. You don’t pay anyone, but the popular site still hosts your article with backlinks – it’s a guest post.
So, the main difference between guest posts is that you don’t have to pay anyone to post an article. A slightly less noticeable difference is that guest posts tend to be of higher quality compared to sponsored posts.
Why do you need a guest posting?
First of all, why do you need guest posts? It’s simple: you get a positive mention of your brand/website and a link from an authoritative resource. Then you get referral traffic. All these are some of the main ranking factors taken into account by search engines when determining the position of a site in the search results. Guest posting is one of the best ways for smart outreach.
Why do authoritative sites need guest posts? It is quite a controversial question. Each site has its own motivation:
- Attracting industry experts.
- Creation of content on the blog for promotion purposes.
- Lack of a comprehensive editorial staff and the need for constant blog updating.
- Getting free and high-quality content.
Thus, guest posting is a mutually beneficial strategy for those who write guest posts and those who post them on their website. Visit this article to know more about why guest posting should be a part of your PR strategy.
Is guest posting safe?
Yes, totally and completely. But, as elsewhere, there are “buts.” In this case, these “buts” include:
- “Pseudo” guest posts. That is a situation when a site offers to host a guest post, but not for free. That is quite unsafe since such links can get penalties from search engines, for which this practice is nothing more than an attempt to manipulate ranking factors.
- Unrelated topic. Everything is simple here: neither users nor search engines will appreciate a cross-stitch guide posted on a sports blog. You will not receive the referral traffic you need. The received conversions will be inappropriate. They will increase the bounce rate, and an irrelevant link may be perceived as spam. So, it is vital to write a guest blog post that will be relevant for the network.
- Low-quality resource. From an SEO point of view, it is equivalent to getting a link from a spam resource. Always check the donor site and software before placing guest posts. Check the service for link building and study how it works.
How to write a good guest post?
- Any material you will publish in someone else’s blog should be competently written, original and interesting. Readers tend to take on helpful, informative articles best. You should be terse!
- The topic of the posts should be similar to the topic of the resource. Third-party articles can be poorly received by users, as a result of which the result will not justify itself.
- Guest posts should be written in the resource’s established (officially or not) style. Design standards for headings, paragraphs, sizes, and themes of images, as well as the manner of presentation of the material, should not differ from those familiar to users.
- Any content should be unique. You don’t need to duplicate it on your site. It is worth refraining from posting previously published materials as a guest.
- Don’t forget about keywords. SEO-oriented guest posts are more popular among blog owners. Write a guest blog post for a wide network.
- The recommended number of links in a guest article is 1 to 3. If you want to leave only 1 link, place it in the introduction. Otherwise, readers may simply not get to the target action.
- The blog owners usually write a short review – an introduction, where they introduce the author. So they recommend you to users, build trust in the material, and increase loyalty. If the resource owners do not want to mention you in the introduction, do it yourself. Introduce yourself, write a few words about yourself and the project, and then get down to business.
- Before submitting materials, be sure to check them. Prepare illustrations and pictures (more here) by combining them into an archive. Save the text in accessible and common formats – doc, docx.
- The content creator should be prepared for the site owner to make changes to the text or design of the post. Do not be afraid of edits – they will help the article “fit” into the blog.
- After posting, the author should monitor the appearance of comments on the article, as well as timely answer the questions that arise from readers. Blog owners are unlikely to do this. They only provide you with a publishing platform.
- Specify in advance if you can invite users to subscribe to the RSS of your site? The admission is a great marketing ploy if you can manage to agree!
Publication on thematic resources
It is best to publish guest posts on blogging websites of your topic. You will be able to:
- attract thematic traffic and interested visitors to your website;
- get thematic links;
- several times increase the likelihood of the text being approved by blog owners.
How to find guest post opportunities in 2022?
Finding guest post opportunities is a part of outreach strategy. It is not uncommon for owners of their blogs to invite their readers and third-party authors to participate in content creation. They are easy to find by requesting “accept guest posts” in the search bar on your computer.
The blog rating includes over a million resources. You can offer blogs of similar topics to post material. The TOP rating is unlikely to agree to a free publication. Authors, however, who have not yet achieved the desired popularity, are more likely to respond to the proposal.
Before sending out proposals, make a list of 100-200 resources where you would like to be published. That will allow you to avoid wasting time when you evaluate the resource and change your mind after a positive decision from the owner.
Also, if you submit 10 proposals and only 2 agree to post, you will quickly lose enthusiasm. In the case of mass mailing to 200 addresses, 60 positive answers will look much more optimistic.
Have you chosen guest posts as a way to promote your resource? Take an evolutionary approach by publishing in under-popular but ambitious projects, gradually moving to more authoritative ones.
Before proposing a blog to publish your material:
- Take the time to study previously posted content.
- Leave some interesting comments.
- Participate in communication between readers.
That will set the stage for a business proposal.
3 secrets of success
Secret # 1. There is no universal secret
In fact, there is no magic formula that will bring you a stream of quality traffic and huge conversions. Informative blog text from the TOP does not always give the desired result. Try to evaluate the audience’s characteristics, the specifics of the author, guest posts trends and constantly analyze mistakes and improve.
Secret # 2. Once published, your work does not end
Writing a good article is half the battle. The second half is to find a site for placement. That’s all? Not really. You need just as much to promote your post. Be proactive, actively comment, report on the material on social media, use email newsletters. Do your best to engage your audience as much as possible!
Secret # 3. A one-time publication will not bring the desired effect.
If you choose guest posts blogging to promote your resource, get ready to look for new platforms and topics for publications constantly. A one-off placement and minor user approval are not indicators of a method’s ineffectiveness. Perhaps you just got “in the wrong place.”
Guest posting is a safe and affordable way to drive traffic to your website, increase lead generation, and earn backlinks.
You can get high returns and efficiency of the guest posting by posting on relevant and high-quality sites with a good reputation.
Guest posting, like any crowd marketing strategy, requires a solid approach. Otherwise, no efficiency can be achieved. The first and one of the main stages is to select high-quality sites for placing guest materials.
This process requires:
- define target sites;
- collect a list of relevant queries;
- using search results and various services to find sites;
- evaluate the quality of each site.
And only after careful selection can you safely contact the sites and offer them to post guest posts.