Predictive input is the main highlight of any Android keyboard. It will come with all possible outcomes of your combination key press. Usually, it will help you to auto-fill the field but sometimes irritate you, especially when you made spelling mistakes a couple of times earlier.
Do you know how to activate or deactivate the feature? The settings may vary depends on your Android version. These are the common steps to enable/disable the type suggestions.
- Open system settings on the device
- Scroll down until you see Language and Input menu
- Confirm which keyboard you are using right now. Its name will be displayed under the Default Keyboard option.
- Next rush to Keyboard and Input Preferences and click on the desired keyboard to open its settings.
- If it’s Google Keyboard, you will get a couple of sub menus. Choose Input from them.
- Disable Next word Suggestions/Show Suggestions to turn off predictive text.
- If you are using a system keyboard like Samsung, disable Predictive text from the settings.