Whether it’s Facebook or any other social media network, the username provides a unique identity to your account. People can view your details and connect you by visiting the profile page of yours. If they know your username in a social site, they can open website.com/yourusername to check your status updates, photos, and send a friendship request.
Do you want to update your social media username to reflect changes in your official name or brand? In this post, we’ll tell you how to change the username on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
1. First, Sign into your Facebook account. Tap the drop-down arrow on the top right corner of your screen to view and open Settings menu.
2. Now you will get a screen like this,
Type your desired new name as the username. Facebook will let you know whether it’s already occupied or not instantly. If available, you can go ahead and click ‘Save Changes’ button to confirm the change.
Don’t forget to update your social media feeds and contact us pages on websites or blogs to direct your readers to the new address.
1. Sign into your Twitter account. Tap your profile picture on the top of the screen and choose ‘Settings and Privacy’ option.
2. Type your new username in the corresponding text box and check whether it’s available or not. If it is unique, you can use it as your own.
Save Changes to confirm your username change.
1. First, Sign in to your Instagram account from either your smartphone or computer. Click ‘Edit Profile’ option to view account settings.
2. Now you will get options like this,
Enter your new name in the username field. Click ‘Submit’ button to save changes. If the proposed name is not available, you can look for the alternative names.