Facebook is the best place to make new friends as well as maintain existing relationships. It lets you find new people based on common interests, geographical location, and others. Explore the network, find a person and send a friend request. But how long will you wait to get approved your request?
Probably one or two weeks, maximum one month. Then you may lose the patience and decide to cancel the request. Is it possible to withdraw the friend request on Facebook that sent once?
Yes, you can cancel a Facebook friendship request anytime and scoot from the long waiting queues. Follow these steps to view and cancel your sent requests.
Withdraw a friend request on Facebook
1. Sign into your Facebook account first.
2. Click the ‘Friend requests’ icon at the top right (next to the ‘Home’ link) of the screen. A pop-down menu will open with pending friend requests in your account and new friend suggestions. Click On ‘View all’ option at the bottom.
3. Open ‘View sent requests’ from the newly opened window.
4. Now you can see your sent friend requests which are still pending.
Click on ‘Friend request sent’ button to get additional settings. Choose ‘Cancel request’ from the menu. Facebook will seek your confirmation to delete the friend request. Confirm by clicking on the ‘Cancel request’ option again.
You have successfully deleted the sent friend request.
Are you looking for more Facebook-related tips? Read these posts:
- How to Hide Your Posts from Specific Friends on Facebook
- How to Target Your Facebook Posts to a Specific Country or City
- How to Upload and Share Private Photos on Facebook