Utility apps ensure proper functioning of a system. They help you optimize the system or unlock hidden features to get everything you want from Mac.
No one can avoid the utility tools. We need to perform the task efficiently and in a convenient way. It will be difficult if you are not using proper tools on the system to manage the operation.
We pick 30 best utility apps for your Mac.
1. Dr. Cleaner – Clean disk, optimize memory and speed up the system with one click
2. ControlAir – Magical app to control your music and volume. How? Just raise your finger to control media applications even when they are running in the background.
3. TextExpander – Create custom keyboard shortcuts to instantly insert frequently used texts and pictures
4. Alarm Clock – A beautiful alarm clock cum sleep timer for Mac systems
5. Duplicate Detective – Find duplicate files, folders on your Mac and delete unwanted items to free up hard drive space.
6. Caffeine – Prevent Mac from going to sleep, dimming the screen or starting screen savers
7. The Unarchiver – Unarchive different kinds of archive files including Zip, RAR, Tar, GZip and Bzip2.
8. Battery Health – Monitor battery health, usage, current charge level and much more
9. Pushbullet – Connect all your devices easily. Send and receive text messages, send files between the devices and check phone notifications right from the computer.
10. Fantastical 2 – The excellent calendar and reminder app for Mac
11. Carbon Copy Cloner 4 – Premium backup tool with easy to manage, powerful tools
12. SelfControl – Block distracting websites or other web contents for a period of time
14. Dropzone 3 – Easily move and copy files anywhere on the system. Share them across popular services including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Google Drive, YouTube etc.
15. BetterZip 4 – Create archives with many formats like Zip, Tar, TGZ, TBZ, XAR and RAR.
16. CloudApp – Perfect screen recorder with options to add emojis, markup and annotate
17. Memory Cleaner – Another tool to quickly optimize the system memory and ensure the top level speed
18. IP Scanner – Identify any system on your network using its IP address. Assign custom names, icons to them to easily recognize them at a later time.
19. Airmail 3 – Check all your emails from a single universal app
20. Day One – A gorgeous photo journaling app to showcase unforgettable moments in your life
21. Folx GO – Advanced download manager which is able to split and schedule downloads
22. Little Snitch 3 – Set Internet access rules for each app and avoid excess data usage
23. Parallels Desktop – Run Windows, Linux, Chrome and other operating systems on Mac. Switch in between Windows and Mac apps easily and side by side.
24. Google Chrome – Our favorite web browser
25. HazeOver – Focus on your current work. It will highlight the front app window by dimming other windows that may divert your attention.
26. TotalFinder – Upgrade your OS X Finder and bring powerful changes on default Mac tools.
27. FreeSpace – It is a small utility tool to monitor free space on your system.
28. Flashlight – Do various things like adding new notes, create reminders, check the weather, open link or even shut down- right from the Spotlight search box.
29. VLC media player – Play video of any format and convert the file type
30. SHAREit – Transfer documents, photos, videos across the platforms and devices
Are you a Mac user? Don’t forget to read the following related posts:
- 15 Best Productivity Apps for Mac to Keep You Focused
- Essential Mac Apps: 10 Must Have Apps for Mac (2017 Edition)