We need guidance or proper advice to face obstacles in life. As we all know, uphills and downhills are essential unavoidable parts of a human life. People will reach the top and bottom point at a certain moment and we don’t know when it’s is.
During struggles, you will look for a genuine influencer who can inspire and guide you to move forward. Mostly they will be your parents or others who traveled a lot through similar situations and derived knowledge from it. They can advise you effectively and fill your future path with energy and positive attitude.
In this article, we bring over 75 inspirational quotes about life and struggles. They are from the famous persons in the history. These quotes are enough to light your road with optimistic thoughts, enthusiasm and succeed in life.
1. Numbing the pain for a while will only make it worse when you finally feel it.
— Albus Dumbledore
2. Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
— Winston Churchill
3. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
— Dale Carnegie
4. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”
5. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.
— Oprah Winfrey
6. I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.
— Anne Frank
7. If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.
— Barack Obama
8. One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
— Sigmund Freud
9. Always remember that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary.
— Sarah Ban Breathnach
10. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
— Earl Nightingale
11. Life has meaning only in the struggle. Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods. So let us celebrate the struggle!”
— Swami Sivananda
12. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
— Jimmy Dean
13. Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
— Benjamin Franklin
14. A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
— Colin Powell
15. When life puts you in tough situations, don’t say ‘why me?’ just say ‘Try Me’.
— Dwayne Johnson
16. To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.
— Eleanor Roosevelt
17. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.
— Mark Twain
18. Nothing is more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.
— Demi Lovato
19. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.”
— Seth Godin
20. Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.
— Edmund Burke
21. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
— George Bernard Shaw
22. Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.
— Helen Keller
23. It is when I struggle that I strengthen. It is when challenged to my core that I learn the depth of who I am.
— Steve Maraboli
24. Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.
— Anne Frank
25. The real reason for not committing suicide is because you always know how swell life gets again after the hell is over.
— Ernest Hemingway
26. Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter.
— Friedrich Nietzsche
27. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
— Michael Jordan
28. Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals. He sets them to work, he gives back to them the bare minimum that will prevent them from starving, and the rest he keeps for himself.
— George Orwell
29. Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
— George Washington
30. Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it’s not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. it’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.
— Barack Obama
31. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
— Henry Ford
32. We had problems like all families but we had a lot of love. I was extremely loved. We always felt we had each other.
— Jim Carrey
33. Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
— Muhammad Ali
34. The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.
— Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
35. Whoever you are, whatever your dream, you have to be strong in your head and strong in your heart. Be strong. There’s no quitting in the person who wants it bad enough.
— Carly Patterson
36. Your personal life, your professional life, and your creative life are all intertwined. I went through a few very difficult years where I felt like a failure. But it was actually really important for me to go through that. Struggle, for me, is the most inspirational thing in the world at the end of the day – as long as you treat it that way.
— Skylar Grey
37. All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.
— Pope Paul VI
38. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.
— Walter Anderson
39. Cheers to my Haters, There is so much more to come!!!
— Leonardo DiCaprio
40. There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid.
— Mahatma Gandhi
41. The battle of life is, in most cases, fought uphill; and to win it without a struggle were perhaps to win it without honor. If there were no difficulties there would be no success; if there were nothing to struggle for, there would be nothing to be achieved.
— Samuel Smiles
42. Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.
— Bernice Johnson Reagon
44. No soul that aspires can ever fail to rise; no heart that loves can ever be abandoned. Difficulties exist only that in overcoming them we may grow strong, and they who have suffered are able to save.
— Annie Besant
45. Without a struggle, there can be no progress.
— Frederick Douglass
46. Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.”
— Paulo Coelho
47. No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. No matter what happens to you, no matter the depth of tragedy or pain you face, no matter how death stalks you and your loved ones, the Resurrection promises you a future of immeasurable good.
— Josh McDowell
48. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
— Mother Teresa
49. Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
— Nelson Mandela
50. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is the strength.”
— Mahatma Gandhi
51. None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.
— Paulo Coelho
52. Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.
53. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.
— Steve Jobs
54. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
— Vincent van Gogh
55. Greed, desire, ambition, jealousy, possessiveness, domination – you have to watch everything. And they are all interconnected, remember. If greed disappears, then anger will disappear. If anger disappears, jealousy will disappear. If jealousy disappears, violence will disappear. If violence disappears, possessiveness will disappear. They are all intertwined. In fact, they are spokes of the same wheel, and the hub that supports them all is the ego. So watch the ways of the ego. Watching, watching, watching… one day suddenly it is not there. Only the watcher is left. That moment of pure watching is the moment of transformation.
56. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
— Carol Burnett
57. Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.
— C.S. Lewis
58. The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.
— Winston Churchill
59. There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
— Albert Einstein.
60. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
— Eleanor Roosevelt
61. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
— Charles R. Swindoll
62. There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly endures.
63. Don’t Let Yesterday Take Up Too Much Of Today.
64. When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?
65. When life’s problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate.
66. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
67. Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.
68. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
69. The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been before.
— Albert Einstein
70. Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
— Lao Tzu
71. Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less.
— Marie Curie
72. Difficulties come when you don’t pay attention to life’s whisper. Life always whispers to you first, but if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you’ll get a scream
— Oprah Winfrey
73. Live, learn and pass it on.
— H. Jackson Brown Jr.
74. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
— Samuel Beckett
75. Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
— Harriet Beecher Stowe
76. Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.
— Tena Desae
77. We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare
78. Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.
— Leah LaBelle