Want to know which is the best WordPress backup plugin that can backup and restore your website easily?
WordPress is the most efficient and powerful Content Management System to establish an online business. Whether it is a regular website, blog or an e-commerce portal, you can build a secure and user-friendly site in a few minutes on WordPress.
It helps you to optimize things and extends functionalities by installing third-party plugins. They are useful to simplify your tasks and handle operations without any deep knowledge of coding. It is not a matter what kind of operation you are planning to perform, just explore the web to get the guaranteed results.
Why backups are important?
Backing up is an important thing every website owner should do on a regular basis. Do you know why?
Bad things may happen anytime. Cybercriminals may hack your site or malware infection will send it to offline or accidental deletion may result in losing everything. If any of them happened, your website will disappear from the cyberspace which will affect your online reputation, credibility, and profit as well.
Why are you taking chances?
Thanks to WordPress backup plugins. They can automatically backup your posts, database, and other files at regular intervals and store them to the cloud. So it will be easy for you to access and restore entire data in 1-2-3 steps.
Backup Plugins: Essential Features
There are several WordPress backup plugins available on the web. But before installing, make sure that it contains some basic features and functionalities to perform your backup operation as expected and restore the website without showing errors.
These are the essential features every backup plugin should posses,
1. Automated backups: Can it back up your website automatically on repeating schedules? So you can forget the part and concentrate on other productive tasks like content creation, marketing, etc.
2. Cloud storage integration: Does it integrate with leading cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3? That way, you can access backup copies from anywhere to restore, migrate, and clone a website in quick moments.
3. Speed: It should be able to back up your site by imposing less burden on the server and consuming few resources. Otherwise, page speed will decrease while performing the operation.
4. Support: Sometimes backup and restore won’t work as expected. In such a situation, you need to contact plugin developers for support. Make sure that your chosen plugin offers professional support and has a good response rate to resolve customer complaints in time.
Best WordPress Backup Plugins 2020
|“Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to cover the blog maintenance expenses. Thanks for your support.”|
Here we compiled a list of best WordPress backup plugins on the market.
UpdraftPlus is one of the most trusted WordPress backup plugins with more than 2 million downloads. It lets you back up the entire site including themes, plugins, contents, and others easily and restore them in a single click. You can exclude certain file types and directories from the backup if needed.
With UpdraftPlus, you can backup WordPress either manually or set up a schedule for automatic backup at a particular time. It is easy to configure, fast and supports more cloud storage destinations than other free backup plugins.
- Automatic backup on repeating schedules
- Backup and restore the website in a single click
- Store files into cloud services like Amazon S3, Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud Files, Google Drive, Google Cloud Storage, DreamHost DreamObjects, FTP, OpenStack, etc and email
- Save backup in web server, cloud storage account, local storage, and Updraftplus.com
- Useful to backup, clone, and migrate your WordPress website
- Automatically backup before any updates made to core files, themes, and plugins
- Personal support for UpdraftPlus Premium users
- Database encryption
- Multisite support
Looking for the most comprehensive backup solution to protect your website or online business? Then, BlogVault is the right choice. It is reliable, secured and offers many unique features to safeguard your WordPress data.
BlogVault backs up every corner of your site including database, posts, theme settings, plugin files, media, etc and saves them into their own cloud servers. Thus it ensures that your files are accessible 24/7 which can be restored anytime you need. It also allows you to save backup copies into other cloud storage accounts like Dropbox, Google Drive, or download them to local storage.
The pricing plans start at $7.4 per month for one website.
- 100% guaranteed backups
- Incremental backups that never slows down your website
- Unlimited on-demand backups
- Free storage on Amazon S3 servers
- 90-days backup archives
- 365-days backup archives for WooCommerce sites
- Multi-site support
- Free staging site to test website updates and changes
- One-click restoration
- Fast and reliable website migration
- WooCommerce support
- Single dashboard to manage multiple websites
- Automatic, daily malware scanning
- Captcha-based login protection
- Premium customer support
- 30-days money-back guarantee
3. BackWPup Free
BackWPup is another free of WordPress backup plugins. It can backup your entire WordPress installation and store them to cloud storage, directory, FTP, or a local computer.
BackWPup is easy to use and light-weight. It is able to backup your website in various formats like zip, tar, tar.gz and sends it to your chosen destination or by email.
- Backup database as well as files
- Check and repair database
- Database optimization
- WordPress XML export
- Store backup to Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, Google Drive, and other services
- Send backup by email
- Multi-site support
BackupBuddy is an intelligent and powerful backup plugin for WordPress. It works on subscription-based for which you need to pay $80 for one site, $127 for up to 10 sites per year. With $199 annual Gold plan subscription, you can backup unlimited sites.
- Hourly, daily, weekly and monthly backups
- Run database, file-only, full backups or a custom backup
- Save backup files to Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud or send it to your mail.
- 1 GB to 5 GB of free storage space
- Quick website restore
- WordPress migration and clone
- Database scan and repair
- Exclude particular files and tables from the backup
- URL replacement if you are migrating to a new domain
- Malware Scan
- WordPress staging to protect the website
- Ability to track common hosting problems
- Premium support and updates
5. Duplicator Pro
Run Duplicator on your site to backs up all installed themes, plugins, database, content, and other WordPress files in zip format. Use it as a backup copy or for moving between different hosting servers or to create a duplicate website. The plugin doesn’t contain any complex settings to configure.
It also allows you to automatically save outputs to popular cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Amazon S3 in the premium version. The pricing plans start at $59 per year for three websites.
- Manual and Scheduled backups
- Move a site between different domains and hosts
- Save backup archives in a local folder, email or cloud storage
- Backup either an entire website or parts of it
- Download backups in zip format
- Ability to set custom user roles to manage the plugin
- Consumes low storage
- Exclude files, folders, and comments from backing up
- Multi-site support
- 60-days money-back guarantee
VaultPress is a freemium backup plugin for WordPress. It is built by Matt Mullenweg, one of the co-founders of WordPress. The plugin is free to use and you can extend its functionalities through a premium subscription which starts at $39 per year.
VaultPress is an all in one solution to backup your precious assets and safeguards them against most modern cyber attacks, security vulnerabilities, etc. All their plans offer automatic daily backups, uptime monitoring, brute force attack protection, and spam protection.
- Unlimited storage space
- spam protection for comments and pingbacks
- 30-day backup archive
- Quick restoration using an FTP or SSH connection
- Website migration
- Daily security scan and get results by email if anything suspicious found
- Automatically fix vulnerabilities or in one click
7. Backup Guard
Backup Guard is a simple, free backup plugin for WordPress. It lets you create backups any number of times and restores them quickly when the website is down.
Set a schedule to backup everything you need to run the online business smoothly. Save copies to Dropbox, FTP or download them on your computer. The plugin has a premium version that supports other cloud storage services like Google Drive, Amazon S3, and OneDrive to upload.
- Scheduled backups
- Backup and restore the website in one click
- Backup files, database or both
- Download backups to your local storage or automatically upload them to the cloud
- Ability to include or exclude specific database tables and folders
- Multisite support
- Multiple scheduled backups in the premium version
- Automatic website migration
8. WP Database Backup
WP Database Backup is another light-weight backup and restore plugin to protect your websites and blogs. Run either automated or manual backups to store your database in a safe place and restore it easily.
The plugin helps you to schedule backups multiple times and send it to Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, FTP or email address. It is simple and easy to configure. So even beginners can use it to secure database and ensure that the website is running without interruption.
- Database backup on a recurring schedule
- Store output in multiple destinations
- Zip format
BackUp WordPress is one of the easiest and popular WordPress backup plugins with more than 2,00,000 downloads. It can backup both your database and files on a repeating schedule- hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Just install and configure the plugin. It will do the rest. Create schedules for backup, exclude directories if any, and you are done. BackUp WordPress not only back up your database but also files and save them in a separate folder in local server. But unfortunately, it misses a major functionality that is essential for all WordPress backup plugins- cloud storage integration. So you can’t save backup copies in the cloud.
- Back up files and database
- Multiple schedules
- Access backup copies from WordPress dashboard or server
- Get small backups by email
Are you searching for more backup solutions? Read these posts: