Bad things may happen anytime on your WordPress site. So creating a regular backup is very essential in order to save your database and other valuable contents. There are several WordPress plugins designed for the purpose. They do automatic backups at regular intervals and will send it to your cloud or mail account. In times of data loss, you can restore the website in a single click.
Now we list best of backup plugins in WordPress based on their popularity and advanced functions.
Backup WordPress is an efficient choice to back up your entire contents like database and other files. It is easy to use and can be configured even by the basic users without any hassle.
- Set multiple schedules for backups
- Backups will be mailed to your account instantly
- Option to exclude certain files and folders from the backup
- Consumes low memory
- Multiple language support
UpdraftPlus is one of the best backup plugins to safeguard your WordPress contents. You can back up the entire site including themes, plugins, content, and others using the plugin.
- Automatic backup on repeating schedules
- Quick restore right from the dashboard
- Store files into cloud services like Amazon S3, Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud Files, Google Drive, Google Cloud Storage, DreamHost DreamObjects, FTP, OpenStack etc and email
- Select which files to backup or exclude
VaultPress is a premium plugin which is founded by Matt Mullenweg, one of the co-founders of WordPress. Their plans start at $39/year with the following features,
- Unlimited daily backups
- spam protection for comments and pingbacks
- 30-day backup archive
- Quick restore
- Daily security scan and get results by email if anything suspicious found
- Real-time backup according to latest changes in the site
4. Backup Guard
Backup Guard is one of the free backup plugins that let you create unlimited backups and store them in multiple destinations. Backup both files and database or choose folders to back up, and restore them whenever needed.
- Backup and restore website in one click
- Download backups to your local storage or automatically upload them to the cloud
- Ability to include or exclude specific database tables and folders
- Multisite support
BackupBuddy is another popular plugin in this category. It is a subscription-based plugin for which you need to pay $48 for one site, $77 for up to 10 sites per year. With $119 annual Gold plan subscription, you can backup unlimited sites.
- Daily, weekly and monthly backups
- Save backup files to Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud or send it to your mail.
- Premium support and updates
- Exclude files and tables from the backup
- Run either database backup or full backup
- URL replacement if you are migrating to a new domain
- Malware scan
- Database scan and repair
6. BackWPup Free
BackWPup is a perfect solution for backing up and restoring the site. It’s one of the most downloaded backup plugins with premium quality features.
- Backup database as well as files
- Check and repair database
- Backup in various formats
- Store backup to Dropbox, Amazon S3, RackSpaceCloud, Google Drive and other services
- Send backup by email
- Multiple language support
Duplicator is an all-in-one solution for duplicate, clone, backup and more a WP site from one location to another. It is easy to use and allows you to back up on a daily, weekly basis.
- Move a site between different domains and hosts
- Save backup archives in a local folder, email or cloud storage
- Download backups in zip format
- Consumes low storage
- Exclude files, folders, and comments marked as spam or in the trash
Are you searching for more backup solutions? Read these posts:
- The 7 Best Dropbox Plugins for WordPress
- How to Automatically Backup Your WordPress Site to Dropbox
- How to Automatically Backup Your WordPress Website to Google Drive