Do you want to send a Gmail email at a particular time? It may be a birthday wish, a team meeting reminder or some other important communication where time is the matter.
We have several ways to schedule Gmail emails. Such messages will be sent to the recipient’s address even though you are away from the web. This feature is very helpful if you are going on a trip and want to remind someone to pay for something during your holidays or to send last-minute notifications to the parties.
Today we’ll share the six best methods to schedule Gmail emails.
How to schedule Gmail emails?
1. Using Spreadsheets
You can easily schedule Gmail emails using a Google spreadsheet.
Here’s what to do,
- Compose a new message in Gmail and save it in drafts.
- Create a new blank spreadsheet here.
- Go to Tools > Get Add-ons > Search ‘Email Scheduler’.
- Install and authorize it with necessary permissions.
- Click on Add-ons > Email Scheduler > Configure.
- It will fetch all messages in your Gmail drafts and show them in the right pane.
- Click on Schedule to get additional options.
- Finally, you will get a confirmation message like this.
If you are not comfortable with the above method, use any of the following apps for the same purpose.
Boomerang is one of the popular browser extensions to schedule and send Gmail emails. It is also useful to enable read receipts, send recurring messages, pause inbox, etc.
- Install and activate Boomerang from here.
- Type a new message in Gmail and choose a recipient.
- Click on the ‘Send later’ button in the Boomerang menu at the bottom screen. A popup menu will open with various options. Choose your desired time or schedule it with a specific date, time and click on confirm.
- That’s all. Boomerang will send your mail at right time. You can edit the message anytime by going to the message dashboard (Boomerang icon from the top of the screen > Manage scheduled messages)
2. Unlimited Email Tracker
Unlimited Email Tracker is a relatively new tool for Gmail users. It helps you to schedule emails, track sent messages, create reminders, and so on.
- Install and activate Unlimited Email Tracker from this link.
- Click the Compose button to schedule and send an email.
- Enter your recipient’s address and type a message in the text box.
- When finished, click the drop-down arrow that appears next to the Send button. Choose ‘Schedule Send’ option.
- Choose from the predefined time slots or click ‘pick date & time’ option to schedule Gmail email at your own time.
- A calendar will appear and set a date and time when you want to send the message. Click the Schedule send email to save.
Gmelius lets you schedule Gmail messages, receive read receipts and create to-do lists.
- Install and authorize Gmelius from here.
- Go to the new message window, enter your recipient email address and message.
- Click on the app’s menu icon that is located next to Send button.
- Now you can see available options for Gmelius. Click on the clock icon to schedule a message.
- A pop-up screen will appear with various time frames. Choose one of them or specify an exact time to send the mail.
Exit the window.
Gmelius will save your email in drafts under the tag Scheduled. From there, you are free to edit it until the scheduled time.
4. Mail Conductor
Mail Conductor is another awesome Gmail tool for scheduling even recurring messages and to get read receipts. Here’s how it works,
- Install it from the official site here.
- Grand necessary permissions to access your Gmail account.
- Make sure that you have updated the timezone here according to your local preferences.
- Compose a new message and choose your recipient. Add a send instruction at the end of the subject, followed by @. Suppose your subject is “Happy Birthday”, type “Happy Birthday @2020-01-04 20:00 ” in the subject field. It will send your mail on January 4th, 2020 at 8 pm.
- Quit the compose window. Mail Conductor will send the drafted mail as per your instruction.
5. Right Inbox
- Install Right Inbox from this link.
- Grant permissions to manage your Gmail account.
- Create a new message, choose a recipient and finally click on the Send Later button at the bottom to schedule your Gmail email.
- Right Inbox will save your message in the drafts folder. When the scheduled time reaches, it will send to the recipients.