Social media has become a part of our daily life. We discuss on various topics, share thoughts through Twitter like social sites. So what about our leaders?
Now almost everyone has a social account. And our leaders too. They express opinions on latest happenings around the world, convey messages using it.
It will be interesting to know which leader has the highest number of followers on Twitter. These are the 15 most popular leaders on the microblogging site at this moment.
15. Mauricio Macri (President of Argentina) – 3.93 Million followers
14. Abdullah bin Zayed (Minister of Foreign Affairs of UAE) – 3.94 Million followers
13. Juan Manuel Santos (President of Colombia) – 4.86 Million followers
12. Dmitry Medvedev (Prime Minister of Russia) – 5.52 Million followers
11. Salman bin Abdulaziz (King of Saudi Arabia) – 6.24 Million followers
10. Rania Al Abdullah (Queen consort of Jordan) – 6.62 Million followers
9. Enrique Peña Nieto (President of Mexico) – 6.34 Million followers
8. Joko Widodo (President of Indonesia) – 7.49 Million followers
7. HH Sheikh Mohammed (Ruler of Dubai) – 7.97 Million followers
6. Sushma Swaraj (Minister of External Affairs of India) – 8.15 Million followers
5. Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (President of Turkey) – 10.3 Million followers
4. Pope Francis (Pope of the Roman Catholic Church) – 10.8 Million followers
3. Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India) – 30.4 Million followers
2. Donald J. Trump (President of United States) – 31.5 Million followers
1. Barack Obama (Former President of United States) – 89.9 Million followers
Do you want to know more about social media influence of world leaders? The following topics could be useful:
- World Leaders on Twitter: 15 Famous First Tweets
- Here’s the 10 Most Followed World Leaders on Facebook